Strength in Partnership
From investment to exit, GreyLion is by your side. We work together with leadership teams to help companies thrive while maintaining agility and growth.
GreyLion’s investment strategy is based on the collective 80 years of experience of the senior team. Our goal is to find quality investment opportunities where we partner with the business owners and management teams of lower middle market companies, primarily in the United States. We target equity investments between $25 million and $125 million. We will consider both minority and control investments in a variety of structures, including growth capital, recapitalizations and management-led buyouts.
We seek to invest in businesses that have strong and differentiated competitive positions in their respective industries that with the leadership of strong management teams, offer the potential for significant continued growth.
We believe we are differentiated by:
- Our strong desire to identify owners and management teams that are looking for a business partner who shares their vision for value creation
- Value creation through organic or acquisition based growth and not through financial engineering
- Conservative capital structures that do not use excess leverage and introduce unnecessary financial risk
- Willingness to invest in either minority or control situations
- Flexible structures that address the objectives and visions of the business owners and management teams
At GreyLion, we leverage our industry relationships and years of specific industry knowledge to work with you in partnership to help make better decisions.Learn more
Types of Investments
GreyLion invests in companies in the consumer, industrial, software & services industries with the strongest potential for growth.Learn more
We partner with strong management teams in businesses that have differentiated, competitive positions in their respective sectors. Our team has over 80 years of investment experience in a variety of minority and control transactions through numerous market cycles.
We pursue partnerships with business owners and management teams in companies that exhibit the following key characteristics:
- Large addressable markets
- Compelling margins and cash flow conversion
- Differentiated products or services
- Strong growth prospects
- Ability to achieve and sustain a distinctive competitive position
Portfolio Company Interaction
Our team works closely with business owners and management teams to fully develop a growth plan that reflects a shared vision. We provide portfolio companies with the capital and ongoing support necessary to realize their full potential.
- Product or service development or enhancement
- Geographic expansion
- Market share growth
- Operational/cost improvements
- Constructing a Board of Directors that can serve as a sounding board and resource to management
- Recruiting additional management talent
- Developing incentive equity structures that align objectives of key management
- Systems implementation
Approach to Realizations
Our team works closely with management throughout our partnership to build value. We work hard to balance the needs of all the stakeholders and have historically shown tremendous flexibility both with the timing of a liquidity event and the structure of that transaction.
In the 60 companies the senior team have been involved with investing in, exit alternatives have been varied depending on what is ideal for the situation – we have exited through IPO, strategic sale, sale to another financial sponsor, or a management-led debt recapitalization.